R.S. Semler & Associates Insurance Inc.
“Insurance of All Kinds”

R.S. Semler & Associates Insurance Inc.
870 W. Sumner Street (Hwy. 60), P.O. Box 270108, Hartford, WI 53027

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
P: 262-673-3160 F: 262-673-9466

Click here to see where we are located.
The professional independent agents at R.S. Semler & Associates Insurance Inc. are local, community members who see you as a neighbor, not just a policy number.

• We help friends and neighbors manage their risk.

• Provide personal support and service.

• Get to know you and your situation so we can better answer your questions and suggest the best coverages for you.

R.S. Semler & Associates Insurance, Inc.

We have been providing peace-of-mind to Hartford and its surrounding counties for over 45 years. We represent only the most reputable and financially stable insurance companies, which gives our clients the protection they deserve. Our specialty is tailoring policies specific to your personal or commercial needs.

prev next

Farm Insurance

Offers complete coverage for your farm or ranch – whether you are cultivating a large farm or running a small cattle ranch. Our farm insurance policies offer a wide selection of insurance coverage options so you can choose the level of protection that is best suited to your needs. Discounts and additional coverages are available and vary from company to company.

 to have one of our Qualified Insurance Specialists contact you.

We offer programs such as:

Personal Farmowner - Family farm and ranch operations that are owned by families that live on premise, and make a living by farming or ranching.

Commercial Farm Operations - Coverage is also available for farms that are commercial in nature.

Suburban Farmowner – This program is designed for the family “hobby farm” that has some farm exposures from which the insured does not make a living. This program provides coverage for risks with farm structures, or for those who incidentally raise livestock or crops aside from their normal occupations.

Tenant Farmowner – This program is designed for those who do not own the farm they are operating. Coverages include:

• Personal Property

• Farm Personal Property

• Fire Damage to Premises Rented or Temporarily Occupied

Farm insurance provides coverage for homes, livestock, produce, most machinery and other farm equipment, personal property and farm buildings, such as barns. Most heating and cooling systems as well as stables are considered part of the farm building and are covered. However, milking equipment, milk coolers and grain silos are not considered part of the farm building, but can be insured for an additional premium.

Typically farm buildings will be covered in case of accidental fire, lightning, natural disasters, such as large hail or strong windstorms and theft or vandalism. Natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes and or damage caused by snow and ice are generally not included in farm building coverage, but can be purchased through some companies at an additional premium. You may also choose to purchase liability insurance as an additional feature to your farm insurance.

Produce coverage should not be confused with crop insurance. Crop insurance is a government funded program which provides assistance in the event of crop yield loss caused by natural disasters.

Insurance for farms is commonly offered through two different payout systems – Named Perils and Broad Form. Named Perils is the most common type of payout when it comes to farm insurance. The payout is determined by the cause of loss. Broad Form insurance has a higher premium rate, for the most part, but will cover all damage to the property, unless the damage is not included under your premium.